SocialMedia.ie is a specialist social media agency based in Dublin. Our sister website connector.TV is a blogger network that features news and stories about interesting people, communities and events around Ireland. Socialmedia.ie specialises in B2B whereas connector.TV concentrates on B2C.
SocialMedia.ie has created SocialMedia.ie Tribes. Tribes are known as communities, groups or clubs with a shared passion or situation. According to mythical legend, there were many tribes inhabiting Ireland hundreds of years BC such as FomhÃ³ire, Tuatha De Danann and the Nemedians. Every country has their own tribes and each has their own unique appearance and customs.
In popular culture, the term Tribes was promoted by Seth Godin who has stated that â€˜Tribes are groups of people connected to one another, connected to an ideaâ€™. These groups of people are connecting online and offline all around the world. From the surfers in Lahinch to the Leinster rugby fans to the hurling fanatics in Kilkenny, the Tribes in Ireland today come in all shapes and sizes. On the connector.TV blog we bring all these tribes together from Dublin to Cork to Belfast to London. We have people writing about subject areas they like such as arts & culture, film, fashion, sport, comedy and technology. Members from different tribes connect and interact with one another by writing their views on a particular subject area.
You are the new social media manager for a brand of your choice, real or fictitious, in a B2C or B2B sector. You are keen to impress your Marketing Director who is not convinced about the merits of social media. You have a meeting lined up with the Board of Directors and we would like you to prepare a short report on â€˜Social Media Tribesâ€™ for them outlining the following:
- Choose your brand and say why it was chosen.
- What are your favourite Tribes in this sector and give some examples.
- Name your selection of 2 Tribes most relevant for your brand with details of why they were chosen
- Your selection of 3 bloggers most relevant for your brand to engage.
- Complete a PowerPoint presentation (5 slides) and upload to Slideshare.net
- Write a 250 (or more) word blog post about your Tribe for posting on connector.TV
- Use photographs, imagery and designs you find
- There is an option to include a relevant video you find on YouTube which will bring the post to life.
- There is no budget for this project, it can be as high or as low as you want.
This can be completed by individuals or groups of no more than 4 people. In each piece of work we will look for your name, your information or content sources in the credits and link to web sites from which you have taken extracts.
We will review all of the submissions during November. In December, we will be holding an event where we will recognise the best SocialMedia.ie Tribes presentations and blog posts. We are hoping to find companies willing to sponsor prizes so we will have some goodies for you too.
SocialMedia.ie Tribes Challenge is a great way for you to get experience with social media, raise your personal profile and it will look great on your CV. We request permission to use your work online and offline to promote your tribes, your talent and our project.
If you are interested in being involved, email firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @SocialMedia_ie on Twitter.